One of the blog people

Friday, February 01, 2008

Edmonton, Take II

Yes, it is I, your fair prairie blogger back again. A busy couple of weeks here in the city that ryhmes with fun! I did take a break from Regina a couple of weekends ago and went to Edmonton. Here are some things that I really enjoy about Edmonton:

- North Saskatchewan River which runs through the city
- trees and hills throughout
- the LRT (it asks for tickets, but seems to act on an honour system)
- The Upper Crust, where Mandy and I had an excellent, though horribly filling, lunch
- liquor stores, adult video stores, strip clubs, and all sorts of sin on every corner (MUCH different than Regina!!)
- being with wonderful people whenever I visit!

Aside from many music department events, some shopping, and general relaxing, I also had the opportunity to eat at an honest-to-goodness Japanese restaurant. I had not done this since grade 4, when our class did a Japan unit in social studies. Anyone else remember our adventures in origami making (I was, not surprisingly, weak in this area), Japanese geography and history, and our trip to the Japanese restaurant near the Galleria Mall in its heyday in London, Ontario? Well, this trip did not involve flaming dishes, but it was still really cool. One of the chefs hooked us up with a ton of yummy food. While I did not delve too deeply into the world of sushi, I really enjoyed our evening.

Here are some photos from our excursion to Furasato.
You should most certainly pay it a visit if you are ever in Edmonton.







1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so:
1) I LOVE how you link everything! Way to go with the references.
2) You are the only person I know who actually likes the LRT...
3)Look at that chopstick-handling! We totally rocked the sushi that night. I haven't had any since, but looking at those photos is totally giving me a hankering again... (only, uh, maybe not QUITE so much sashimi this time!)
4) I saw D. Cairns one day in HUB. I desperately wanted to ask her whether or not the committee had made a decision, but I thought it might be strange since, you know, she doesn't actually know who I am...

Yay visits to Edmonton! Come back again!

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home