One of the blog people

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Yikes!

Salon has some of the best writing out there, and I'm forever impressed with the variety of topics their writers cover. This week, one article in particular caught my eye when it popped up in my bloglines account. You'll have to click through an ad to read the whole thing, but it's well worth it. Guaranteed to make you shake your head in some kind of reaction. Mine was a mix of bafflement and horror.

I find it fairly frightening that someone like Stephen Baldwin has been named a cultural advisory to George W. Bush. It makes me question the whole notion of how "culture" is even being defined by that administration. I can't even laugh about it; however, because if this man can pack 40,000 seats and sell thousands of books, then what he and his cohorts are doing justifies some thought.

You might also want to visit this website to see the man in action, so to speak. (Make sure to turn your speakers up!) Ok, maybe I can laugh about it, just a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home